Give us your views on our cycling strategy
We recently unveiled our vision to encourage more people to cycle more often as part of our commitment to tackling climate change.
Our draft cycling strategy sets out how we will encourage more people to take up cycling and help improve the cycle network in both urban and rural areas.
We aim to:
• Double the number of cycling trips by 2030.
• Encourage residents to see cycling as a normal, enjoyable and everyday activity for the majority of short journeys.
• Develop a safer and more comprehensive cycle network for cyclists to give greater assurance, particularly for less experienced cyclists.
• Make cycling more inclusive and open to a wider demographic.
Our draft cycling strategy is now out for public engagement.
We are asking for views on which of these aspects, if any, should take priority in boosting the move to more cycling.
• Making improvements to the cycle networks
• Promoting cycling and cycling facilities
• Running campaigns to encourage the switch from car to bike, especially for shorter journeys
• Bike training to give people the skills to cycle with confidence
Please tell us what you think. The questionnaire will only take about 5 minutes to complete.
Your feedback will help shape the final version of the strategy and future action plans.